Recently Santa Rosa’s normally staid and nonpartisan City Council asked Congress to launch impeachment proceedings against President George W. Bush. This put Santa Rosa in the company of 88 other California cities and counties, including Berkeley, San Francisco, Santa Cruz, Arcata and Sebastopol who also want to impeach the president.
I guess that Californians feel that if they get enough signatures they can recall the President and replace him with someone else. This is the exact same strategy that they envoked to replace the former governor, Gray Davis, with the current govenator, Arnold Schwartzenegger. This might have worked in the Republic of California (it even got Gary Coleman on the ballot), but I doubt it will work in United States of America. Who are they planning on using to replace George W. Bush, Bruce Willis?
Susan Gorin, Carol Dean (not pictured), Veronica Jacobi, Lee Pierce and John Sawyer (L to R above) were the council members who supported the resolution. Mayor Bob Blanchard cast the lone no vote while Councilwoman Jane Bender abstained (L to R below). Leading to a 5-1 vote in favor of impeaching George Bush.
A worthless resolution, since no one really cares what these people think about a president who has less than a year to serve in office. Stop wasting your time and our tax money! No one cares what you think.
I totally disagree with them. I wish that we could bend the rules and re-elect George W. Bush for a third term in office. George W. Bush has to be the greatest president of all times. He has accomplished so much during his time in office.
Here are just a few of the many highlights and accomplishments that President George W. Bush has achieved during his time in office:
- Single handedly destroyed the Democrat’s evil economic titan, the dotCom bubble because it utilized his opponent, Al Gore’s invention, the internet.
- Dispatched fighter jets and the use of cruise missles to resumed attacking targets in Iraq to enforce the “no-fly zones” that Clinton was so lax on enforcing during his time in office.
- Proposed a $1.35 trillion tax cut program—one of the largest tax cuts in U.S. history.
- Sent unspent government funds back to the taxpayers in the form of $300-500 rebate checks! Free money for all!
- Passed the No Child Left Behind Act aimed to measure and close the gap between rich and poor student performance.
- Veto’d the Stem Cell Research Enhancement Act to prevent all those poor little stem cells from being harmed.
- Asked all illegal immigrants to either register legally or to go back to Mexico.
- Single oversaw and managed the largest disaster relief effort in history for hurricane Katrina victims through the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) and Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA).
- Improved foreign policy and relations through out the world with scores of different nations.
- Handled September 11th extremely well.
- Waged a War on Terror which is much more difficult than waging a war against a soverign nation.
- Came up with the USA Patriot Act which brought down the artificial wall separating law enforcement and intelligence officers and allowed them to talk to each other as they work to prevent future attacks.
- Defeated the Taliban in Afghanistan and drove Bin Laden into a cave up in the mountains.
- Defeated Iraq, captured Saddam Hussein to finish what his father started, and then occupied Iraq. George Bush is a man of action who is definitely not all talk.
- Fought for the civil liberties and fair treatment of detainees.
- Told North Korea and Iran to stand down or they too will feel that wrath of one angry Texan.
- Defined the Axis of Evil so the world would know which nations are good and which ones are just down right evil.
During his time in office the Real GDP has grown at an average annual rate of 2.5%, while the Dow Jones Industrial Average has grown by about 30%, the annual on-budget deficit has grown from -$86 Billion to over $434 billion, and he expanded the national debt from $5.73 trillion to a record 8.98 trillion dollars!
Unfortunately George W. Bush cannot run for a third term in office and his brother, Jeb Bush, is not available to run for office. I just hope that the next president, Rudy Giuliani, can do half as good a job as George Bush. However, I don’t have any doubts about that he will also be a really great president because he did an outstanding job of running New York City.